Finding and answering just the right question is like finding a magic feather in a sea of rocks, it can change the way you see the rocks. Pull out a notebook and a pencil. Things are gonna get juicy.
1. What if there were no limitations in your connections? And by this I mean, what if you could just be you in all your imperfections and messiness? What would be different if there were no constrictions in your collaborations, friendships, relationships? How would you show up?
2. What if you didn't have to have all the answers? And by this I mean, what if you could explore, expand, and wonder instead of having to be one step ahead of everyone else?
3. Ask God, the divine, the universe - whomever you speak to, what will you have me know right now? Set a timer and write for 10 minutes about whatever comes.
4. What if you didn't have to be perfect? No really, what if you could just be? What would change? What would you let go?
5. What feels like joy right now? Part of what we are craving is more joy and fun. So what feels like joy? Is it watching the birds fly, reading a book, making out with your partner? Make a list of 10 things that feel joyful to you and do them every day!
6. If you had a magic wand to get anything you wanted what would you get? Exploring the furthest reaches of our imagination is a great invitation into our hearts desire. Lay on the ground and imagine for 15 minutes.
7. What can you let go of that is no longer serving you? Is it your job, your marriage, your thought that you have to be available all the time? What is one thing you are ready to let go of? Go ahead, it is ok...let it go.
8. What is your favorite song and/or who is your favorite musician? Listen to their music every day. Dance in the kitchen. Crank up the tunes every day for 14 days. See what changes. Write about how you feel when you listen to that music. Use those feelings as your compass towards change.
9. What do you love? Set a timer for 15 minutes and write the sentence, "I love ____________." Over and over again until the timer goes off. Hang it on your mirror to look at every day.
10. Before you act, ask yourself, "How does this help me to be happy, be balanced, and feel joyful?" If your actions don't lead to joy, make a different choice. It is ok to want tea instead of coffee, to want to walk instead of run, to want to breathe in the scent of fresh flowers instead of worrying all the time.
I love you.
Dr. Melissa Bird xoxo